Types of data we collect
Ayrshire Magazine may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Ayrshire Magazine and AM Media Group websites;
- your password(s)
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with Ayrshire Magazine
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our service team.
Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. To enable Ayrshire Magazine to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
When someone visits ayrshiremagazine.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about important information about Ayrshire Magazine and our sister companies; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at email@example.com.
Online Payments & Subscriptions
We manage our subscriptions and online store through WooCommerce, which allows us to store your data until you unsubscribe from your subscription. Upon unsubscribing your data is deleted, we may keep your email address on our mailing lists until you manually unsubscribe from these.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at
Data Protection Officer
38 Portland Road
If there’s anything here that you feel needs further explanation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org